Sunday, January 1, 2012

if you say go, i will go.


This morning Brother Art asked us to share some truth that God showed us in 2011 and I was reminded of Psalm 51:10-12. God wants me to be obedient. It's a lesson I've been learning for some time now, and I feel it's a lesson I will be learning my entire life.
At the end of the service Art announced that we're making a trip to Africa in August.

I am going.
I am excited.
God wants me to go. I've known for some time now. I was in shock when Art made the announcement. God had actually reminded me this morning of the call He laid on my heart this year and I thought about it through the entire service.
I am horrified. Africa is one of the scariest places on earth to me. (Mostly because of the king cobra and the black mamba.) I am scared to take a flight overseas. I am scared to get all the shots I have to take to go.

Then I remembered two things.

This photo:


And this quote from 8 year old Gabe,
"If you KNOW He's gonna protect you, then why are you scared to do it?"

God will never throw you out there and not protect you. Yes, I am still nervous, but being reminded of that by an 8 year old makes all my fears seem so silly.


No comments:

Post a Comment